What's it all about?
Whats Zappos.com and its CEO Tony Hsieh got to do with downtown Las Vegas? Plenty. Get the scoop about the Downtown Project from the unveiling of the once secret project to Zappos employees, to the developing story in the news.
From the Zappos.com blogs:
Secret Downtown Project
Zappos Family goes to City Council Hearing
In the news:
- Zappos putting its stamp on downtown Las Vegas (Las Vegas Sun)
- 2012 - "The Year of Downtown" in Las Vegas
- Las Vegas Gets New City Hall, and a Mullet (New York Times)
- Zappos CEO envisions a new community downtown (Las Vegas Sun)
- The Strip Diary, Day Twenty One: From Sin City to Sim City Tony Hsiehs Plan to Rebuild Downtown Vegas (Huffington Post)
- WITN: Can Tony Hsieh Deliver Happiness -And A Ready-Made Community To Downtown Las Vegas? (TechCrunch)
- End Game (Site Selection)
- Zappos brainstorming how to make downtown more livable (Las Vegas Sun)
8 News Now - The Rebirth of Downtown Las Vegas
Visionary thinking about cities
Triumph of the City: How Our Greatest Invention Makes Us Richer, Smarter, Greener, Healthier, and Happier
by Edward Glaeser
A pioneering urban economist offers fascinating, even inspiring proof that the city is humanitys greatest invention and our best hope for the future.